In the year 1831, the Methodist Episcopal Church was organized in Brookville. Services were held in the home of Abraham and Effie Wombaugh until 1855 when the first building was erected on the corner of Market and Mulberry Streets. For 105 years the Methodist congregation continued to meet at this place and through it they sought to worship and serve the Lord.
By 1960, the congregation had outgrown the original building. Thus in the fall of that year the decision was made to purchase the former Lutheran church building located on the corner of Main and Walnut Streets.
On May 26, 1963 at a place just east of the Brookville Corporation limits between Upper-Lewisburg Salem Road and Brookville-Salem Road, the ground was broken for the present building.